1. Clean up corn containing various dust mustards, organic and inorganic impurities. In order to ensure safe production and product quality, impurities present in corn must be cleaned up.
2. Soaking. Currently, the corn soaking method generally uses several or dozens of metal cans connected by pipes. A water pump is used to circulate the soaking water between the cans for countercurrent soaking.
3. Corn coarse crushing. Most corn coarse crushing uses a disc crusher. Coarse crushing can be done in two steps. The first time, the corn is broken into 4 to 6 pieces for germ separation; the second time, the corn is broken into more than 10 pieces, so that all the germs fall off, and the second germ separation is carried out.
4. Germ separation. At present, domestic germ separation mainly uses germ separation tanks. The advantage is that the operation is relatively stable, but the disadvantages are that it occupies a large area, consumes a lot of steel, and has low separation efficiency, generally no more than 85%.
5. Corn grinding is a mixture of corn fragments and part of the starch after the germ has been separated. In order to extract starch, it must be ground to destroy the corn cells and free starch granules to separate the fiber and bran.
6. Separation of fiber and grinding corn pieces to obtain corn paste. In addition to containing a large amount of starch, polenta also contains fiber and protein. If these substances are not removed, the quality of the starch will be affected. Usually the fiber is separated first and then the protein.
7. Protein separation. The starch milk obtained by crushing corn and separating fibers contains not only a large amount of starch, but also protein, fat, etc., and is a mixed suspension of several substances. Although the particles of these substances are very small, they have different specific gravity. Therefore, the protein can be separated by specific gravity sorting. A simple device for separating proteins is a flow cell.
8. Cleaning. After the protein is separated from the starch milk, it usually contains some water-soluble impurities. In order to improve the purity of starch, it must be cleaned. Repeat this 2-3 times to obtain purer starch.
9. Dehydration. The washed starch has a high moisture content and cannot be dried directly. It must first be dehydrated. Generally, a centrifuge can be used for dehydration.
10. The wet starch obtained after drying and dehydration still has high moisture. This wet starch can be shipped as a finished product. In order to facilitate transportation and storage, it is best to carry out drying treatment to reduce the moisture content to less than 12%. The dried starch is often very irregular in particle size and must be finished before it can become finished starch.
Henan Huatai supply different capacity corn starch processing, maize starch production solution, any need please email to [email protected]